Apple Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 medium apple (peeled, cored and chopped into small pieces)
1. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
2. Using a handheld mixture or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until smooth. Add in the egg and vanilla, making sure to mix well after each ingredient.
3. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Mix in the oats, then the chopped apple until fully combined.
4.Cover and refrigerate the dough for at least 30 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or a silipat mat.
6. Remove the dough from the refrigerator and scoop two tablespoon sized pieces of dough onto the prepared baking sheets.
7. Baked at 350 for 12-14 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes, then transfer the cookies to a wire rack to finish cooling.