Curried Chicken Salad with Apples and Roasted Grapes
- 1 lb seedless red grapes
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- Kosher salt and ground pepper
- 2 tbsps sweet red onion, minced
- 2 tbsps fresh squeezed lime juice
- 3 tsps curry powder, more or less to taste
- 1/2 cup Green Valley Organics sour cream or crème fraiche
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 lb baked or poached boneless chicken breast, diced
- 1 large or 2 small apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1/2 cup salted cashews, chopped
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a medium bowl, toss the grapes with olive oil to coat and spread on a silpat or foil lined sheet pan. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper and roast until softened and a little shriveled, about 30 minutes. Remove and cool.
Whisk together onion, lime juice, curry powder, sour cream, mayonnaise ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Stir in chicken, apples and cooled roasted grapes. Add additional salt and pepper if needed.
Refrigerate covered until ready to serve. Top with (or stir in) cashews just before serving on butter lettuce, as a sandwich filling or on apple chips or crostini.