Delicious Macaroni & Egg Salad
- 10 Large eggs
- 1 lb macaroni
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp sweet Spanish paprika
- 2 tbsps whole grain mustard
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish or chopped bread & butter pickles
- 1 small Spanish sweet red onion, chopped
- 4 stocks green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 ribs celery, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and shredded
- 2 tbsps parsley, chopped
- Extra parsley to garnish the top of salad
- Optional: A sprinkle of sweet Spanish paprika to also garnish top of salad
In a stainless kettle cover eggs with cold water and bring to a boil over medium heat and simmer for 10-minutes. Remove from heat and cool eggs in some ice water for about 5-minutes. Crack the shells of each egg and return to the ice water. Peel eggs and put in the refrigerator until ready to assemble the salad.
Cook pasta according to package instructions or until pasta is al dente. Rinse cooked pasta in cold water until cooled making sure to drain the pasta well and place in a large bowl.
Stir into pasta the onions, celery, carrots and parsley.
Chop the hard boiled eggs into ½ inch chunks and fold into cooled pasta and vegetable mixture.
In a medium bowl cream together the mayonnaise, pickle relish, mustard, paprika, salt and pepper to taste.
Fold the mayonnaise dressing into pasta mixture.
Garnish with the extra parsley and sweet Spanish paprika if you like.
This devilley delicious macaroni & egg salad is best when chilled for at least 2-4 hours before serving for all the flavors to marry together.