- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 bunch fresh basil, washed, stems removed
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 15 oz. can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 tbsp heaping, sesame tahini
- 1/3 cup pint nuts, lightly toasted
Place garlic in food processor and process until finely minced. Add basil leaves and a splash of the lemon juice and process until finely chopped. With processor running, add olive oil in a slow stream to incorporate. Add salt, pepper, remaining lemon juice, garbanzos and tahini and process until smooth. Add pine nuts and process a few seconds more.
Serve with pita chips.
Note: Grated parmesan has been omitted in the pesto for a better pairing with sauvignon blanc. You may add 1/4 cup grated parmesan if pairing with other wines.
Hummus will keep refrigerated up to one week.