Smoked Salmon Rillettes
- 8 ozs dry cured smoke salmon (wild caught Alaska is best) minced or pulse chopped in processor
- 1/3 cup Green Valley Organics sour cream or crème fraiche
- 2 tbsps minced shallots
- 2 tbsps minced chives, dill, tarragon, or a mix
- 2 tbsps fresh squeezed lemon juice (Meyer if you have it)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp capers, rinsed, patted dry and chopped
- ground black pepper to taste
In a bowl combine sour cream or crème fraiche, lemon juice, shallots, herbs, mustard, capers and black pepper. Gently stir in salmon until combined. Chill until ready to serve. Stir in additional sour cream if mixture seems too dry.
Serve with crostini, crackers, fennel wedges or mini peppers.