- 5 cups watermelon cubes
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup English cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup sweet red onion, diced small
- 1 tbsp seeded jalapeno, minced (or more to taste)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 4 tbsps fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp kosher salt (or more to taste)
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- sour cream or creme fraiche for garnish
Place 2 cups of the watermelon cubes, tomatoes, red bell pepper, cucumber, red onion, jalapeno, garlic, lime juice, salt and balsamic in blender and blend until smooth. Add remaining watermelon and blend until very smooth. With processor running, drizzle in olive oil. Add additional salt if desired.
Chilling soup overnight will mellow sharpness of garlic and meld flavors.
Serve chilled, with a dollop sour cream or crème fraiche, if desired.