Whipped Feta, Autumn Tomato & Basil
- 8 ozs Feta cheese, crumbled and at room temperature
- 3 ozs Whipped cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 12-oz basket multi-colored tomatoes (we used our home-grown heirloom varities)
- 1 bunch fresh basil (grown from our home)
- 4 ozs toasted pinenuts
- salt & pepper as desired to taste
- drizzle of basil-infused olive oil. (We prefer Nick Sbicca brand)
- 1 baguette of frech bread, thinly sliced and toasted
Add crumbled feta to a food processor and ulse until small crumbs remain. Add in cream cheese and puree for 4-5 minutes, scraping the sides when necessary, until feta is super creamy.
Cut tomatoes in half.
Thinly slice basil for garnish.
To toast pinenuts, place in a small frying pan and toss over medium heat until golden brown. Remove from pan and set aside to cool.
Spread whipped feta on a toasted baguette and top with tomatoes, basil and pine nuts. Drizzle with basil olive oil and serve.