Pumpkin Hummus with Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 tbsps fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsps minced garlic
- 15 ozs can garbanzos, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cooked, mashed pumpkin, kabocha, or other winter squash (best if roasted)
- 2 tbsps sesame tahini
- 1/2 tsp (or more, as desired) cumin
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Garnish Ingredients
- 1 cup green hulled pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
Place the garlic in the lemon juice for a few minutes while prepping other ingredients to soften the bite of the garlic. Then place all hummus ingredients (except olive oil) in processor and process until well combined.
With processor running, drizzle in olive oil until incorporated. Refrigerate until ready to serve, topped with toasted pumpkin seeds.
Toast pumpkin seeds in a dry frying pan over medium heat, shaking and stirring, until lightly browned, about 5 to 7 minutes. Pour into bowl and toss with olive oil and salt.