Spring Pea Spread with Mint
- 1 lb frozen petite peas, thawed
- 2 cups salted water
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 3 tbsps fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup lightly toasted pine nuts
- 1 oz finely grated Estero Gold Reserve or Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt (or more to taste)
- ground pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup Green Valley Organics sour cream or crème fraiche
In a medium saucepan over medium high heat bring the salted water to a boil. Add the peas and return to boil. Lower heat and boil two minutes. Drain in colander and immerse colander in cold water to quickly cool.
Combine garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, pine nuts, grated cheese, mint, salt and drained peas in food processor or blender and process until smooth puree. With processor running, drizzle in olive oil. Add pepper to taste. Remove from processor and stir in sour cream. Refrigerate and serve chilled.